Different Types Of Xanax Bars: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects
What Is Xanax Bars?
Xanax Bars belongs to the group of benzodiazepines that are effective in treating a host of conditions, including anxiety, panic disorder phobia, and generalized anxiety disorders(GAD), among others. It is a prescription medicine for managing anxiety and other conditions mainly due to the brain’s hyperactivity.
What Makes Xanax Popular?
Xanax is also effective in treating mild to moderate sleeping disorders and insomnia; however, it is not the first line of action for treating insomnia. Xanax is available in different colors, strengths, and variants; however, it is befuddling for the layman to buy the best type for sustained relief.
Xanax induces a euphoric feeling when taking a higher dose since it is a fast-acting formulation; the drug’s effect begins to set in a short period, and as a result, you will feel high and euphoric after taking the first or initial dose of Xanax.
People also take Xanax bars for recreational purposes, although the potential risk of the drug is high and may result in addiction and drug abuse.
How Much Time Does Xanax Take To Kick In?
Xanax is a quick-acting formulation that quickly absorbs in the bloodstreams and within 10- 15 minutes the effect of the drug. As a result, it effectively manages acute panic attacks as it has a fast onset and quick absorption help to get the best results, and most people will get relief within 2 to three hours.
It is an FDA-approved medication that will help you manage it in the best way possible, and this is why it is essential to consult with your healthcare provider about it.
Availability of Xanax Bars
- White Xanax Oval 0.25 mg
- Orange Xanax Oval 0.5 mg
- Blue Xanax Oval 1 mg
- Xanax XR 3mg
- White Xanax Bar
- Yellow Xanax Bar
- Green Xanax Bar
These are different types of Xanax bars that are available in the market. And the reason why most people look for Xanax is that it is an effective medication that will help you manage anxiety and other conditions in the best way. Here is detailed information about different Xanax widely available in the market.
- White Xanax is a rectangle-shaped white-hued pill that comes in different variants, 2 mg, the maximum dose is 4mg per day, and one should not take more than two doses of white Xanax per day.
- Orange Xanax Oval is 0.5 mg Alprazolam, and the pharmaceutical Giants Pfizer Inc manufactures it. It is available in oval and elliptical shapes, with number imprint 257 imprints on one side of the pill.
- Yellow Xanax Bar: it comes with imprint “RO39,” and Actavis pharmaceuticals manufacture it, and it is available as 2 mg Alprazolam. It is also referred to as the yellow school bus as the shape of the pill closely resembles the school bus; hence it is termed the “yellow school bus pill.” Yellow Xanax Bars are also available in 1 mg dosage in different shapes (oblong and round); therefore, it is vital to monitor the dose precisely.
- Green Xanax Bar: it is similar in strength 2mg with white and yellow, and it is manufactured by different pharmaceutical companies that will help you have the same effect as the other two variants. The only difference is color variation. Green Xanax Bars contains 2mg of Alprazolam, and it is a potent formulation that can help combat anxiety and other related or interrelated issues.
- Blue Xanax Bar: It is a one-milligram dosage in blue color and round shape. It has scored lining for easy and equal breakage of the tablet. It is highly addictive; therefore, taking proper and accurate doses is essential.
What Are The Side Effects of Xanax Bars?
Xanax is FDA approved, but it may induce some side effects that will go on its own. However, if any side effects worsen or persist, ask your healthcare practitioner for a better and effective coping mechanism, as this will undoubtedly help fight off pestering side effects. Common side effects of Xanax include
- Lack of Energy
- Movement In Coordination
In case of any severe side effects or any allergic reaction, seek immediate medical attention and call your doctor right away to mitigate the side effects and for the early management of severe side effects.
How To Take Xanax?
- The dosage of Xanax varies depending on the condition and the treatment response.
- Doctors and healthcare professionals usually prescribe the lowest possible dose of Xanax.
- Do not crush, pound or Dissolve the tablet. Please take it as a whole tablet. If you are taking an extended-release pill, Take it as a whole, do not crush or pound the tablet.
How To Stop Xanax?
Xanax is a Habit-forming drug, and the potential and risk of drug abuse and misuse are high. When taking Xanax for an extended period, it is extremely important to taper the dosage and do not stop Xanax abruptly. It may lead to serious health issues and health contradictions that can be lethal and potentially fatal as the risk of overdose may cause sudden death.
How To Check Xanax Addiction?
The constant urge to take Xanax in any form is the sheer sign of addiction and drug abuse and addiction. Desire to use more drugs (Xanax to achieve same high (increased tolerance level of the drug) Spending a reasonable amount of time for the procurement of the medicines through other means Affecting your chores and daily work routine (school, office, and at work) Continued use of the drug despite physical and psychological problems
How To Manage Xanax Addiction?
Xanax De-addiction requires professional help to manage Xanax addiction and drug abuse in the right manner. In addition, if it is not manageable at home, it is vital to take the right action for the early treatment and addiction management at an early stage.
De-addiction is a process, and it’s not an overnight process, so it is essential to be consistent. Both grit and determination, and family support are vital factors to have successful de-addiction therapy. Many people quit de-addiction training and counseling after a few weeks as they cannot cope with the withdrawal symptoms and other allied processes integral to the holistic de-addiction approach.
The de-addiction process involves these steps and as follows:
- Treatment Initiation
- Immediate Abstinence
- Restrained Abstinence
- Road To Recovery
Each phase in the de-addiction process is essential that will make way for sober and solemn life.
What Are The Withdrawal Symptoms of Xanax Bars?
Quitting Xanax cold turkey may lead to severe withdrawal symptoms that can further aggravate the condition and may make you feel sick and lost due to the abrupt stoppage of Xanax. Some withdrawal symptoms that include are
- Blurred Vision
- muscles Cramps
- Sensitivity To Light And Sound
A few withdrawal symptoms may appear; therefore, it is essential to understand the consequences of quitting abruptly.
Xanax is FDA approved medication for treating anxiety, panic disorder phobia, and short-term sleep disorders.
It is a schedule IV controlled class of drug as it has high potency for abuse, and misuse of the drug is high, the reason why it is a scheduled IV drug in the US. When taking Xanax, it is essential to take it under medical supervision as the risk of the medicine, as this will help you take the best as this will help you manage it in the best way that will help you get the optimum results from the medicine.